JOB APPLICATION: Registered nurse
CLOSING DATE: 30th October 2020
AGE GROUP: 25-60
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: Diploma in General nursing/ Knowledge in Diabetes
Full time basis
EXPERIENCE: 12 months
APSA International is an NGO registered in 1988 and its main focus is to provide quality medical care to the Mauritian population suffering from diabetes. We currently have a vacancy for a Registered Nurse at our APSA Diabetes Care Centre. Experience in diabetes will be highly desirable
JOB SUMMARY:MAIN DUTIES:
- Work in the APSA Diabetes Care Centre (or its annexes)
- Undertaking all relevant medical, administrative and practical tasks related to patients
- Delivering the best possible technical and compassionate nursing care to patients
- Provide knowledge and behaviour assessments, foot assessments, foot care, wound care and education
- Experience in Diabetes would be an advantage
- Patience and empathy towards patients.
- Need to have strong communication skills to relay information to patients.
- Work effectively with doctors and other nurses- Teamwork/ enthusiastic
- Able to respect patient’s confidentiality.
- Professional and courteous in tone and information delivery.
- Languages: French and English
- Computer skills would be an advantage
- Flexible, with a heart of benevolence
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Friday 8hr – 15h30